Monday 24 May 2010
Unlocking the Unlockables
So I thought I would have a quick look at the content that we will be getting with the Limited Edition of Fable III and see what clues and hints we can pilfer from the trickle of information.
"· A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
· Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
· “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
· Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
· A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
· One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures"
First off we have the interesting Legendary Weapon 'Wolfsbane'. Apart from it being an amazingly cool name this not only signifies that legendary weapons are back to complement your own, but that there is the chance to fight animals as well as the monter's of Albion. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
As well as this, Silverpine, a new forest location and indeed feeling almost like the forest we saw in the very first Project Ego trailer. Its good to see that Lionhead have kept that mystery and foreboding in the game.
Another location is present where you can settle down. Maybe this is a nice idyllic spot like the Demon Door house in Oakfield from Fable II or could be something even more fantastical. Here's hoping.
Next up we have the Guild Coin and the Playing cards. While they are not in-game items they are pretty awesome, and I an see myself playing a lot of card games with that set, and perfect for roleplay sessions! As for the coin, gives a whole new edge to decision making in Fable III, would be great to use it for Judgements and therefore the fate really is sealed by the coin toss.
Then we have the two aesthetic unlocks, the boxer dog and the outfit from Aurora. Now, this is going to be sheer awesomeness as my friend owns a boxer dog and they are awesome little pooches. Plus lends fuel to the fire that there will be a whole lot of breeds to choose from when the game comes out.
Now, this is where I go into speculation mode. In Fable II we had the 'Master Chief' outfit which could be donned as well as the awesome energy sword. So, maybe this new costume is another game tie in? With Aurora looking like its going to be 'Arabic' in its appearance and theme, then why not a Prince of Persia costume? Its not too far a possibility, what with games doing a lot of cross overs, but whatever it looks like...it's going to be fabulous. Listen to me there, sounding like Reaver!
Well, enjoy the hype machine rolling on and will have more info for you soon.
P.S. The picture is of a forum users hero who was made to look like the Prince, very good in my opinion!